A MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - THANKS FOR A GREAT 30TH!
A Message from the Interim Executive Director:
PRTC celebrated its 30th anniversary earlier this month by hosting a community celebration with family-friendly entertainment, bus excursions and tours of the Transit Center. We didn’t invite the rainy weather, but it showed up anyway! Yes we got a little wet, but it was dry under the large tent that was temporarily placed in our parking lot.
Those who didn’t let the raindrops discourage them had a fun time watching the talented young folks who performed in our Youth Showcase, laughing with our juggler/entertainer, being amazed by many fabulous balloon art creations, taking silly photos in our photo booth, watching a police K-9 demonstration , climbing in and out of various emergency vehicles , and enjoying delicious treats from multiple food trucks
The public was amazingly generous, donating so many non-perishables and toiletries that we were able to fill 10 good-sized boxes that will be distributed to area homeless shelters over the next week. What great timing with the holiday season just around the corner!
I want to publicly thank the many groups and individuals who made our day special:
· The elected officials and dignitaries who kicked off our celebration by recalling our 30 years of history;
· The youth groups who showed off their skills and kept us entertained;
· The Prince William County police and fire/rescue departments who brought vehicles so the children could experience them up-close;
· The county’s Public Works department, which staffed a table educating people about pests and even brought along a snake;
· The Virginia State Police who brought an explosives-sniffing K-9 for a demonstration;
· The many members of the public who helped us to celebrate our day; and
· My wonderful staff who poured their hearts and souls into planning the celebration!
Thank you to everyone who helped us mark 30 years!
Tagged as: OmniLink Routes, Cross County Connector Route, Metro Direct Routes, OmniRide Routes